We have our BC Wildlife Park Field Trip this Tuesday. Bus leaves at 8:40am so please be on time for school. Reminder to wear running shoes, pack a hat, water bottle, snacks and lunch, sunscreen, swimsuit, and towel. Thank you to the 4 parents volunteers I have already been in contact with. We will meet you at the Wildlife Park around 9:15am.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST WEEK:
- Cutting, ironing, and beginning to sew together our class quilt! Thanks so much to those two Moms who have been helping - we wouldn’t be able to do this project without you!
- Finishing the LAST sound in the Jolly Phonics program! We have learned 43 letter/letter blend sounds this year
- Finishing our Butterfly Inquiry Booklets and playing a moth/butterfly comparison game
- Going on a Nature Hunt with our Big Buddies and spotting living and non-living objects
- Starting our Father’s Day projects
- Seeing the Star Student’s favourite toys
WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
This week in the Jolly Phonics program - we will review all 43 sounds we have learned in Kindergarten and try out a few activities from Jolly Phonics level 2 (this level is usually for grade 1, but I challenged the Kindies to see if we can do some at the end of K :D) In Printing, we will work on finishing the last “grade 1” pages in our books. These pages focus on spacing letters on lines, spacing words, and using punctuation in sentences.
In Socials/Physical and Health Education, we will begin our community and safety theme. This week we will talk about who helps us in the community and brainstorm as many jobs as we can think of. We will also work on our Father’s Day projects this week.
In Applied Skills and Design (ASD), we will continue working on our class quilt project! It’s starting to come together nicely :)
We have finished library for the year, please remember ALL BOOKS are DUE back by FRIDAY, JUNE 15th at the latest.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
Monday – DQ Day
Tuesday – BC Wildlife Park Trip (bus leaves school @ 8:40am. Return to school at end of day)
Wednesday – All Library books due
- P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
- Gr. 5/6s Young Entrepreneur Day - 1:15-3:00pm in gym open to the public to purchase the students creations
Thursday - P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
Friday - last visit from Zero the Hero for the 170th Day of K
-P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
-All Library books due back by today at latest
-PAC Freezie Friday - $1 each. Sold right after school
REMINDERS/HOW PARENTS CAN HELP:
- VOLUNTEERS FOR PRIMARY FUN DAY at BROCK POOL (Mon. June 25th): I am still waiting to hear when our swim time will be. As soon as I know, I will post a sign-up sheet on the hallway bulletin board. I will also post a sign-up sheet for a few donated special snacks, drinks, blankets, toys, etc. we will use at the park. I do know, we will need a minimum of 6 adult volunteers in order to supervise swimming and change rooms (including at least 1 male to supervise in the boys change room) as well as helping bring items to the park. No siblings can attend this trip and the pool’s policy is that there MUST BE 1 ADULT IN THE WATER FOR EVERY 3 CHILDREN UNDER AGE 7 YEARS. Each adult must have 3 children within an arm's reach (if under 7 years).
- Ongoing activity: Parkcrest Problem of the Week (click the link or go to Parkcrest website)
- June 17 - Happy Father’s Day
- June 18 - TNRD Summer Reading Club Info. Session
- June 22 - PAC Freezie Friday
- June 25- Primary Fun Day @ Brock Pool (times TBA)
: food/drink donations
: lawn activities/games for after swimming
(sign-up will be on permission forms and/or hallway bulletin board closer to the 25th)
- June 26 -Goodbye Kindergarten Celebration @ 1:40 pm in our classroom
- June 28 - Last day of school for students
- Early Dismissal @ 12:00pm
- Report cards sent home
See you tomorrow.