HIGHLIGHT FROM LAST WEEK:
- Introducing the class “Clean-Up Job” wheel – where each student has a job he/she is responsible for that day
- Completing our “Alphabet Snakes” for our scrapbooks. The kids’ letter and sound recognition continues to improve! Keep practicing at home too :)
- Seeing Baby Ava roll over on Thursday!
- Visit from “Zero the Hero” on Friday for our 50th Day!
WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
We will focus on the letter "Hh” this week. In Math, we will practice printing our numbers 5-10 and Mrs. Atkinson will be by to build on our patterning skills. We will continue to talk more about Social Responsibility and how to react to our feelings in appropriate ways (e.g., it’s ok to feel angry/sad/upset/frustrated, but it is never okay to hit/punch/bite, etc.). Ask your child to tell you about “Anger Mountain” and what strategies he/she can use to calm down before he/she reaches the top of the mountain. The kids loved reading the book about this topic called, “Soda Pop Head” by Julia Cook. They also loved playing “Rock, Paper, Scissors” as a strategy to problem solve when we are having a difficult time taking turns. This week, we will focus on what being “assertive” means and what we can do when we need help (problem solving rather than “tattle telling). Our class, along with Mrs. Hyslop/Dhaliwal’s will be singing “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” at the Winter Concert. We will start learning the lyrics and actions this week. We have also set aside several blocks of time over the next two weeks to practice in the gym so the students will be ready to perform on December 16th and 17th! More info. about what clothing to wear for the concert will be shared at a later date.
Students will be dismissed early at 12:30pm on Thursday, Dec. 3rd due to Parent-Teacher interviews occurring from 1:30-3:00pm. These interviews are not mandatory as I met with nearly every family in October :). I have sent home notices to those families that I would like to meet with at this time. If you did not hear from me, then "it's all good" (as Pete the Cat would say- another one of the kids favourite books).
Menchies order forms are due the morning of Friday, Dec.4th. If you have not already done so, please return your “Count On Me” Math event form so I can give final numbers to the facilitator.
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP:
- Our playdough is getting pretty flakey and dry. It would be wonderful if someone could donate a new batch :)
- Please leave the black clip on your child’s agenda. This is a much better “bookmark” alternative to the flimsy rulers that keep falling out!
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
Tuesday – Library
Wednesday – P.E. with Mrs. Gustafson
Thursday – Roots of Empathy visit
- 12:30pm early dismissal
- 1:30-3:00pm Parent-Teacher interviews
- Poinsettia orders available for pick-up
Friday – P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
- Happy Birthday Jadeon!
- Menchies order forms due