HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST WEEK:
- FUN DAY at Brock Pool
- Acting out and guessing jobs in the community using mime (no words used)
- Watching a few short DVDs from the “Timon & Pumba’s Safety Smarts” series
- Reflecting on our Term 1 self portrait, giving feedback, then creating another self-portrait for our scrapbooks (WOW, how the kids art skills have grown)
- Finishing all numbers in our HWT Printing book! We left some of the sentence pages empty so the kids can go back and practice over the summer :)
- Sharing a dance at the Parent Tea (we will be showing this dance again at the Goodbye K celebration on Weds.)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
This week will be all about wrapping up the year and seeing how much the kids have learned and grown!
Monday- PJ Day
Tuesday - CN Rail Presentation at 11:00am
- Getting ready to share our year of with our families
- Perhaps watching a movie with Mrs. Hyslop’s class?
Wednesday– GOODBYE KINDERGARTEN CELEBRATION @ 1:40pm in our classroom
- Parents are invited to celebrate the end of the school year with the Kindergartens by looking at photos, scrapbooks and more. The kids will be doing a dance and sharing some of their phonetic knowledge too :)
- At the end of the sharing, families can take home scrapbooks and workbooks (so there is less to collect on the last day of school!)
- NOTE: If possible, please make other arrangements for younger siblings, as it will already be quite crowded with each of our 20 Kindergartens having 1 or 2 adults attend
- Year-end assembly in gym @ 10:45am (school-wide, parents are welcome to attend)
- Report cards sent home
- Early dismissal at 12:00pm
REMINDERS/HOW PARENTS CAN HELP:
- Please send an extra cloth or plastic grocery bag this week so students can bring home any clothing, shoes, etc.
-Check the LOST AND FOUND shelf in hall near library – all unclaimed items will be donated to charity on Thurs.
Here's to a wonderful last 3.5 days together!
- Ms. Gartrell