The kids LOVED the Eureka Science presentation last week. They saw some explosive reactions, had a science safety relay race, and made rockets! Information on Eureka's summer camps was sent home last week. It is a wonderfully engaging and exciting way to spend some of the summer vacation. We have wrapped up our Science and Socials units as well. The kids enjoyed making some noise with sound experiments last week. My apologizes if the kids have shown you how to make paper squawkers at home :). We also started to hand back assignments and take home duo-tangs so the students don't have a bulging backpack to carry home on the last day or school.
What's happening this week?
We finish up our year by repeating a group activity, Graffiti Writing, the students did in the first few weeks of school to see how they have grown and developed over the year. We will also just be wrapping up loose ends and cleaning out lockers and desks.
- All library books must be returned (or paid for) immediately
- Bring recent photo for All About Me Book (was completed last Friday, many students are missing a photo)
- June 25: Parent Volunteer Tea in the Library
- June 27: Day Trip to Isobel Lake. Mr. Weddell is organizing this trip. Permission slips and information will be sent home at a later date.
- June 28: Last Day of School for students! Final assembly from 10:30-12:00pm. Report cards handed out
I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing and safe summer holidays! I will be teaching Kindergarten in Barriere next fall, so I wish the Grade 4 students and their families all the best for an incredible upcoming year in grade 5! It was wonderful getting to know everyone.