Seven students from our class competed in the Zone Track Meet last Tuesday. Congratulations to Emily, Heather, Keysha, Paysha and Declan who will be moving on to the next level of competition, the District Meet on Thursday, 31st!
What's happening this week?
We will be going to the Big Little Science Centre on Wednesday, May 30th. One more parent driver would be appreciated. We will leave the school at 12:45pm. The students will take part in a presentation on Light and Colour. The kids will also have time to explore the hands-on exhibits. The students have finished their Explorers research projects and their presentations (either a skit or poster format)! The students will have a chance to "practice" their presentation in our classroom before we share them with the other grade 4 class. In P.E./Gym, I will introduce students to a quick dance unit. I will be teaching them a few steps from two cultural dances, gumboot dancing and tinikling (hopefully I have time for two, but with 8 days of swimming lessons, we may only get to learn one style of dance). I will start with gumboot dance, so if students have gumboots (please put label and clean them first because we will be using them primarily indoors) they are welcome bring them in on Thursday. We can still learn the steps without gumboots; however, the rythm and feel for the da
REMINDERS: * Big Little Science Centre Permission forms must be signed and handed-in by Tuesday 29th . Students will not be able to attend without signed permission forms.
* Please sign and return term 2 Report Card envelopes
* Sign and return Swimming Permission slips and $15 fees (for cost of pool rental and paying instructors)
- Wednesday May 30th - Trip to Big Little Science Centre. We still need 3-4 parents drivers in order to go
- Tuesday, May 31st - District Track Meet (congratulations to those students who made this level of competition!)
- Swimming Lessons in June - Each day from June 4-7 and June 11-14, The students will have a 30 minute swimming lesson each day with a qualified instructor. A $15 fee is required for the lessons. We will walk to the Brock Pool, so 1-2 parent helpers would be wonderful.