HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST WEEK:
- Filling the Class Bucket and watching The Lorax movie as a reward and comparing the book to the movie (also an Earth Day connection)
- discussing ways that we can help take care of our planet as Sunday was Earth Day!
- Seeing our bean sprouts grow and grow! Then beginning our next experiment (taking away light/air/water)
- Hearing about the Star Student’s favourite things
- Showing Big Buddies our first farm animal drawing and hearing their feedback for how to improve in the next draft
WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
This week’s Jolly Phonics sounds/letters are “oo/OO” (e.g. moon, book) and “y” (for “yellow”, but also as “shy y” vowel as in fly). In Printing, we will practice printing lowercase i and e. In Math this week, we will focus on subtraction equations by using story books, songs and manipulatives.
In Science, we are continuing to work on our Farm Animal Research Projects and observe our plant growth experiments. We will continue “sketching like scientists” (using a photo) to create our very best draft of our farm animal. Last week our Big Buddies gave specific feedback on how to improve our first drawing drafts. We will show them our improved second draft this week and hear another round of specific feedback. We will also start a new farm animal Art project this week.
Big Little Science Centre Field Trip - Tuesday, May 1st from 10:00-11:30am. Permission forms due this Tuesday. We will depart the school at 9:50am, and leave BLSC around 11:30am. We still need 2 more parent volunteer drivers in order to go on this trip. Parent Volunteer Drivers need to complete a SD73 Volunteer Driver Form and show the office their driver’s license and insurance papers before May 1st. Thanks so much for volunteering, otherwise this wouldn’t be a free trip! Also note, that all students who require a booster seat will need to bring it to school the morning of the field trip (Tues. May 1st).
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE:
Monday – PRO-D Day (No School)
Tuesday – Bert Edwards School Jump-Rope Skipping Team Show
- Roots of Empathy with Wayne and Baby Maisie
-Big Little Science Center Field Trip permission forms due today
Wednesday – Library with Mrs. Bond
- P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
- Kamloops Children's Choir Performance
Thursday – P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
- SPARK # 3 - 4:30-5:30pm - For kids registered to start Kindergarten next Sept.
Friday - P.E. with Mrs. Brkovic
UPCOMING FIELD TRIPS:
- Big Little Science Centre - Tuesday, May 1st, 2018 from 10:00-11:30am. We will depart school at 9:50am, and leave BLSC around 11:30am.
- Gymnastics at Kamloops Gymnastics and Trampoline Centre - Thursday May 10th and Thursday May 17th. We will be leaving the school at 8:35am as our lessons begin at 9:00am. If your child is late and misses the bus, you would have to meet us up at the KGTC before 9:00am. Permission forms and $11 fee due April 30th. These fun outings are a part of our Kindergarten PE program.
REMINDERS/HOW PARENTS CAN HELP:
- Ongoing activity: Parkcrest Problem of the Week (click the link or go to Parkcrest website)
- Sometime in mid-late May, I’d like to start our class quilt (each class at Parkcrest is making a display quilt). If any parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. have sewing skills I would greatly appreciate any help! Please send me a note if you are able to help in the future.
- Read your child’s Term 2 report card (keep the report) and return the SIGNED envelope to school
- April 30 - Gymnastics Permission Forms and $11 fee due today
- May 1 - Big Little Science Centre Field Trip 10:00-11:30am
- May 3 - PAC Panago Pizza Lunch
- May 10 & 17 - Gymnastics Lessons at KGTC
- May 14 - Blueberries Singing Group (Art Starts performance)
- May 15 - Class Photos
- May 16 - PAC Sr. Froggy Pasta Lunch
- May 18 - Pro-D Day (No school)
- May 21 - Victoria Day (No school)
See you all Tuesday!